Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stamp Out Mental Illness Charity Event

I will be at this event all day, I also designed some of the cards being made.  This cause also very dear to my heart as I have a special needs son.  If you would like to help in any way you can contact me or Carrie.

STAMP OUT MENTAL ILLNESS CHARITY EVENT


March 26, 2011 9:00AM-3:00PM

UPA Hall, Chicago Rd, Plattville, Il

There will be a Representative from NAMI (National Alliance For Mental Illness) available for any questions and to help with resources for help.

There will be raffles! (If you are unable to attend and would like to purchase Raffle Tickets please call me at (815) 475-7280 tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. All proceeds will go to NAMI.)

I would like to give something back and support a very important cause. This cause is VERY close to my heart! I have a daughter who suffers from Mental Illness. Our life has been turned upside down by this horrible disease. There is a silence when it comes to talking about mental illness. I want to break the silence! My family kept our daughter's illness a secret for a few years. We were afraid of the judgment, we were ashamed and embarrassed of our circumstance and most of all trying to keep or daughter safe not only from her illness but from judgment! We started sharing our "secret" life about a year ago and there has been both negative and positive responses. We are free now. We can focus on helping our daughter and not focus on hiding our "secret".

Stamp Out Mental Illness will be held on March 26th at 9:00AM at the UPA Hall located on Chicago Road in Plattville, Illinois. I would like people to come help create and make handmade cards and scrapbook pages to donate to a Residential Treatment Center for mentally ill Children. A lot of these children do not have families, or outside support. I believe they need someone to encourage them from the outside! I would like to make Birthday Cards, Thinking of You Cards and Easter Cards for the staff to give the children and for the children to send to their families, friends and support people. I know that this is only a small gift, but I know that it will make such a positive impact on the kids.

There will be a representative from NAMI and lots of wonderful Raffles!

I will be donating all of the supplies to make the cards. If you could help with donating supplies or money to help pay for the supplies it would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to donate supplies please call me at (815) 475-7280 or send a check made out to Carrie McCoy and all monies will go towards supplies to make the cards.

If you would like to donate raffle items please call Carrie McCoy at (815) 475-7280.

All extra monies will be donated directly to NAMI (National Alliance For Mental Illness). If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to NAMI please make a check out to NAMI.

Please Mail Supply Donations and NAMI Donations to:

Stamp Out Mental Illness

c/o Carrie McCoy

38 Pletcher Drive

Yorkville, Illinois 60560

1 comment:

  1. God bless you, Stacey!! If "they" would admit it, most families have some form of "mental" illness (i.e., depression, etc.) Thank for your efforts!

    ReplyDelete